Tuesday, February 3, 2009

MTC * 9/17/08 - 11/19/08

Max left Utah on September 17, 2008 and flew to the MTC in Brazil.

"I have been so homesick and it isall so overwhelming but it will get better, I hope :) The language is harder than I thought, but thats pretty much how every language is prob. It's crazy how much we have learned already! But I feel like I'm behind most ofthe other Elders in my district, it's insane how much they know already, butI am workin my hardest and I know it will come. It's just different for everybody, but everybody gets it sooner or later.. "

"Jake's right, the MTC is pretty much like jail, ha ha.. we spend about 10 hours a day in a tiny classroom and spend half the time on language study and half the time on Preach My Gospel. We have two teachers named Irmao Guilhermeand Irmao Suares (Irmao means brother in Portuguese) they are both Brazilian and served their missions in Sao Paulo and they're only 22 and 23 so they're way cool. My companions name is Elder Watts and he's from Minnesota and we get along ok but to be completely honest hes very weird and kinda bugs me ha ha but hes not so bad.. and we're in a room with two other Elders that are way cool so its all good!"

"oh yeah today we went to the Campinas Temple which is about an hour and a half away and we did a session so that was awesome! The newbies go to Campinas and after a few weeks, we go to the Sao Paulo Temple so I'm excited!"

No comments:

Post a Comment