Tuesday, May 26, 2009

THIRD AREA: Working Hard


Max and Elder Piccin has been working hard in Cavalhada. They had Elida's baptism on Saturday night, and possibly three more on Saturday.
"Me and Elder Piccin sang again with Melissa and Caroline Kern, "I Know That My Redeemer Lives" and I felt the Spirit so strong and it was a very spiritual baptism, Elida's mom Leonilda was crying right before she was baptized. Leonilda was baptized about 3 years ago but she went inactive and so we are hoping that she will stay active with Elida now :) they are a great lil family.. oh man, ha ha, so Leonilda has this lil boy named Nicholas and hes about 4 and hes crazy, ha ha, during the whole baptism he was running around and yelling and screaming and no one could stop him, ha ha, its the same thing during all of our lessons and in sacrament mtg. too. I gave a quick message about baptism cuz the lady that was supposed to couldnt come but I am so greatful that I was able to. I just shared one of my fave stories in the BOM when Almas at the waters of Mormon with the people in Mosiah 18: 8-10. I love this part of the BOM. I just substituted the waters of Mormon for the baptismal font and read it to her and bore testimony of baptism and the Gospel. Man, I just love this Gospel and am so greatful for the opportunity I have to share it with everybody and bear testimony everyday."


(Max and Elder Piccin with Melissa and Caroline Kern)

"We might have 3 baptisms this Sat.! If everything goes right :) We have Guilherme for sure and hopefully Fernando and Junior. I havent told you about Guilherme (pronounced Gillyermee, its William in Portuguese) There is the sweetest old lady in our ward named Miguelina and she has been caring for him for I dont know how long and this week he will legally be her son. . . He is the sweetest lil boy and I love him and hes 11 and ready to be baptized. He comes to church everyweek with Miguelina and hes so awesome and just an amazing kid. "

"Oh did I tell you we finally got a bishop last week?! yeah so we are so glad and relieved cuz its Elton!! Have I told you about Elton Saucedo? He's like our dad here on the mish and him and his wife are amazing, his wife's name is Marisa."

Another week down - 68 to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment