Tuesday, August 31, 2010

SEVENTH AREA: *Guaíba with Elder Benício June 15, 2010

NEW COMPANION
Max and Elder Benício in Guaíba.
"So, I am pretty disappointed to announce that I'm being transferred :( but it will all be okay and i know that I was called by the Lord :) So Elder Mattos is gonna stay here with another great missionary and i'm headed to Guaíba. Its a town about a half hour from the capital, Porto Alegre so I'm headed back up north after about a year down here in Rio Grande and Pelotas. I am excited to see Elder Bangerter for the last time at the bus station, at least i hope i do. Hes headed home on Thurs! How crazy is that?! So I just love Elder Mattos and i'm sad to leave but it'll all be okay, i've just gotta make the best of my situation, its all about the attitude right?! My new comp. is Elder Benício and I already know him and he passed here in our zone so i have already worked with him and he is a great missionary."

"Everything is new and so it was another change, but i seems to get used to everything faster and everything is great. I guess I am learning to get used to change faster and easier and this is a miracle and a great blessing from a loving Heavenly Father to me, I know it. So yeah, my new comp. is Elder Benício and all of my worries for this transfer are gone cuz he is great and we are becoming great friends. I am loving to work with him and this week was just full of the spirit and miracles and so I could not ask for more... and we just cut our hair and are looking good ;), ha ha, jk... so yeah, my new area is called Guaíba Jardim and I am loving it. you prounouce that Gwy-eeba Jarjeen Cool huh? ha ha, yup thats portuguese for ya, ha ha.. so the members are sweet here and have already helped out a ton and we already had an FHE last night and the lunches are great and we did a division with some great young men from our ward that are preparing to serve missions."

"A great kid named Bruno that is 16 came to church with us yesterday and he loved it and will come to my english class on saturday and seminary during the week, he already has a friend thats a member and hes great and is reading the BOM."

Apparently Max is teaching an English class which is very cool!

"So it has been an interesting week but it turned out great and everything is just awesome. :) I am loving the opportunity to work with my comp, Elder Benicio and we are working through our differences that I knew we had, but i am learning so much with him and a lot about myself."

"Bruno is doing great, he came to church yesterday again and loved it and already has so many friends that are members and is integrated so well with the young men and so hes ready for his baptism this Saturday! :) He is a great kid, hes 16 years old and we are trying to teach his family too. He lives with his mom and stepdad and two lil bros a new baby and a toddler. We already talked with his stepdad and he doesnt want anything, but his mom allowed his baptism and likes the idea for her son so we want to teach her, but we still haven't been able to."

No comments:

Post a Comment