Thursday, November 5, 2009

FOURTH AREA: Mission Conference

MISSION CONFERENCE WITH ELDER SCOTT IN PORTO ALEGRE
October 31, 2009

"This week was amazing and this weekend was probably the most amazing experience I have had in my whole life. We went a day early on Fri morn for Porto Alegre cuz I had an appointment with the doctor, but we missed it (it’s a long story) and so Fri night in Porto Alegre we just helped the secretaries out to get ready fo the conf. and we slept in the office and it was good to be with Elder Watts again for a night and see how he's doin. (He's still the financial secretary) So, yeah, we woke up on Sat. and we had to be seated by 8:10 and Elder Scott came about 8:30. He came with Jay Jensen of the Presidency of the 70 and Ulysses S. Soares, the Brasil Area Pres.

It was so amazing.. it was the entire mission for the first time and it was so good to see all of my comps. Especially Elder Bischoff! Man, I just love all my comps and they were all there and this is Elder Jones’ last transfer! Crazy..

As soon as they walked in we all stood and the Spirit just became so much stronger and a completely peaceful feeling came over my whole body, I cant explain it really.. so we all took turns and we all shook his hand and told them our names and where we are from and as I shook his hand and introduced myself, he just looked me right in the eye and with his soft voice that I love he just paused and said, “ wonderful” and gave a lil smile.. then we had a training with him about how to best present the BOM and use it in our teaching and then Pres and Sister talked followed by Pres. Soares and Pres. Jensen and they were all amazing and Elder Scott ended and it was the most amazing experience I have ever been a part of.

He bore his testimony as a living apostle of the Savior and bore his testimony that Jesus Christ lives and he ended saying that he knows because he knows the Savior personally.. wow.. at that moment the Spirit sort of just took hold of me and my whole body trembled and I was almost brought to tears.. I cant put it into words.. then we went right to the closing hymn which was I Know That My Redeemer Lives, and the Spirit was just so strong and so amazing and I am just so so grateful for the experience.

My testimony was strengthened so much more and continues to grow each and every day.. there is no doubt in my mind that Jesus Christ lives and is guiding this, his true church on the earth this day through living prophets. I know that the BOM is true and contains the fullness of the Gospel and all that we need to do to find happiness in this life and to return to live with our Father in Heaven and our family forever and ever.. for this I am so grateful and so grateful for my testimony and the true Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life.."

They also had a chance to go to the Temple while they were in Porto Alegre.

"Um abraço! Tchau!!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment